Friday, October 14, 2016

5 parts to correct email first assignment

Anytime you are required to send an email in this class you will need to make sure that you include the 5 parts to a correct email.  That will almost always be a part of your grade.  They are listed here:
  1. Email address
    1. Username (what comes before the @ symbol)
    2. the @ symbol
    3. email server (gmail or yahoo, for example)
    4. the period
    5. the top level domain (.com, .net, .org)
  2. Subject line
    1. explains to the reader of the email what the email is about
    2. not typed in all caps
  3. Greeting
    1. include the name of the person you are sending the email to
    2. depending on your relationship with the individual, it may be "Dear Mrs. Smith" or you might enter "James"
  4. Body
    1. Write in complete sentences
    2. if you want your email to be professional (and it needs to be in here!), avoid texting language (LOL, OMG, B4, etc.)
    3. spell check!!
  5. Signature
    1. create a signature using features in Google (done!)
    2. eliminates having to remember to type your name at the bottom
The name of the assignment is "10 facts about me".  You will need to send this to me by Friday (this is a homework assignment - you will not be allowed to complete this during class).  However, the 10 facts are going to be a little unique - heres an example of what you would need to include:

1 - I have 1 sister
2 - I have golfed at the John Deere TPC twice
3 - I went to 3 River Bandit games this summer
4 - 4 is my favorite number
5 - I have been to a Chicago Bears game 5 times
6 - I started playing the piano at age 6
7 - The house number at the address where I live is 723
8 - I have been to Lake of the Ozarks 8 times
9 - The zip code of the town I grew up in is 80759
10 - One of the cars I own is a 2010 Toyota Highlander

When you email me make sure that you include the 5 correct parts to an email.  Due Friday means that it is due by midnight on Friday night (when you send an email to me I will be able to tell when it was sent) - so you can work on this after school tomorrow but your best bet will be to complete this tonight.

The last part of class will be reviewing what we learned Tuesday, and then learning the O (R3).

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments: